How big is your imagination?! There are so many different opportunities on offer, it’s up to you to decide whether you prefer doing something you’re already familiar with, or take the plunge and try something new.
Most organisations will value your time and energy above anything else, and will probably offer training to help you in your new role.
Sometimes organisations do require specific skills, but if you’re not sure ring them up for more information.
Here’s some examples of recent local volunteering opportunities:
- Office admin
- Retail & charity shop work (e.g. working in a charity shop)
- Business related (e.g. develop a marketing or business plan )
- Become a Trustee – get involved in the running of a charity
- Event management & fundraising – help plan and organise fundraising events
- IT – show other volunteers and staff how to use computers
- Environmental (e.g. manage woodland, gardening)
- Sports coaching
- Visit an older person
- Drive someone to a hospital appointment